The Hub of Hope
For six winters, the Hub of Hope has served as a walk-in engagement center located in the concourses under Two Penn Center in Suburban Station. Since 2012, the Hub has had over 36,000 visits and facilitated 1,429 placements into shelter, treatment programs, and housing around the city. Now, through a partnership between SEPTA, the City of Philadelphia, and Project HOME, the Hub of Hope has expanded into a permanent location in Suburban Station to offer year-round services.
The new Hub of Hope offers a safe place where people can enjoy a warm cup of coffee, take a shower and wash laundry, and speak to peers or case managers to begin the process of finding a permanent home. It creates even greater opportunities to connect individuals experiencing homelessness to treatment, medical care and ultimately stable, supportive housing.
The Hub of Hope is a partnership between the City of Philadelphia, SEPTA, and Project HOME.
Open seven days a week, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
For any questions about the Hub of Hope:
please contact Emily Hopkins at [email protected] or call (215) 309-5225
- Expand to a location that will be regularly staffed and open year-round to those experiencing homelessness in Center City.
- Continue to engage, assess, and place individuals experiencing homelessness into shelter, treatment or other long-term housing opportunities with supportive services.
- Provide low-barrier access to centralized co-located physical and behavioral health care services allowing for on-going primary care to a population who has little access to medical services.
- Equip SEPTA police with resources and services that can be offered to vulnerable individuals living and sleeping in the concourses.
- Provide a Living Room for chronically homeless individuals who can participate in workshops on various topics and find support from community members and peers.
- Collaborate with a food access provider to provide meals during designated days/times.
- Deepen our understanding of strategic and effective tools and methods to end chronic homelessness in our lifetime.
- Develop a respite and community space.
Please deliver all donations to Project HOME’s
HOME Spun Resale Boutique
1523 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19130
Deliveries can be made during the following days and times:
Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The Hub of Hope is currently in need of the following:
• Travel sized toiletries including shampoo, conditioner, body wash, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, shaving cream, razors
• New Men's and Women's underwear
• Laundry detergent pods
• New towels and washcloths
• New/gently used warm-weather clothing, such as sweatpants, sweatshirts, coats, hats, scarves, gloves (men's and women's)
If you would like to volunteer, please sign up for the Hub of Hope volunteer orientation