Women of Change
Women of Change is a safe haven residence for women, providing 25 semi-private dormitory style beds. The building is accessible.
Residents are offered service coordination, personal recovery services, healthcare, education, social enterprise and employment opportunities.
Residents are encouraged to participate in recovery-oriented activities that lead to personal growth, well-being and self-sufficiency with a focus on moving to permanent housing.
Safe Haven Dormitory | 25 Semi-Private Beds
- Documented Current Chronic Homelessness
- Currently living on street
- Documented serious mental illness
- Inappropriate for city shelters
- Female 18 years of age or older
- On-site laundry
- 24-hour staffing
- Meals provided
- Medication monitoring
Call Outreach at 215-232-1984 to inquire about eligibility and openings.
None of us are home until all of us are home, and at Project HOME this means that we can all have a decent standard of living today without compromising our needs in the future. When thinking about the footprints – the waste, the greenhouse gases, the toxins – we leave behind through our daily living, we must recognize that the earth is our home.
This is why Project HOME has made sustainability a priority for current and future developments. Sustainability is based on a simple principle: everything that we need for our survival and well-being depends, either directly or indirectly, on our natural environment. Thus, our goal is to ensure that all developments reflect the shared values of economic, social, and environmental sustainability by:
- Decreasing energy usage
- Constructing all new buildings to meet Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) certification guidelines
- Reducing fuel use of Project HOME vehicles
- Procuring more sustainable products
- Reducing waste
- Engaging Project HOME community members in sustainability efforts
- Supporting neighborhood sustainability
- Increasing access to healthy foods for residents and community members
Guided by these principles, we’ve taken sustainability from offices to residences, and even to gardens to promote energy and waste reduction, environmental education and justice, and health and wellness for all.