Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering!
Our Volunteer Application Process for Volunteer Groups
Project HOME offers volunteer opportunities for small groups (maximum 7 people) on a one-time or recurring basis. Join us!
Step 1: Complete a volunteer group interest form to the right of this page.
Step 2: Our Volunteer and Gift-In-Kind Coordinator will reach out to you to confirm whether an opportunity is currently available, coordinate placement, and schedule an orientation. Please allow up to one week for our staff to respond.
Step 3: Complete a volunteer orientation. Only the group leader needs to participate, and this can be done in-person or over the phone.
Step 4: Once you complete an orientation, you and your group members will be asked to complete a volunteer application form and necessary background clearances before you can start in your volunteer role. Please note that some background clearances can take, on average, up to three weeks.
More Information about Background Clearances
- Project HOME requires each volunteer group member to review and sign a Volunteer Agreement and Release of Liability Form
- Project HOME may require volunteer group members to complete a national background check prior to serving in their volunteer role
- Project HOME requires each volunteer group member to complete the following background clearances if their volunteer role requires direct contact with children:
- Pennsylvania State Police Background Check
- Child Abuse History Clearance Check
- Fingerprint based FBI Criminal History Certification – Please note that if a volunteer applicant has been a Pennsylvania resident for the last 10 years, they do not need to complete the fingerprint based certification, instead they must sign an affirmation stating they have been a resident of Pennsylvania during the entirety of the previous 10 years
Age Requirements for Volunteers
All volunteer group members must be 18 years of age or older. Exceptions may be made under the following circumstances, and if a volunteer opportunity is available:
- The Program Manager from the volunteer opportunity site approves
- Each volunteer group member under 18 years of age provides a Volunteer Agreement, Waiver and Release of Liability Form signed by their parent or guardian
- The volunteer group is accompanied by a chaperone; the chaperone ratio is at least one adult to six children